Monday, July 27, 2009

New Strategy is Working?

Yesterday was supposed to be a better day. It ended up being another disaster, calorie-wise. I had been going along well, leaving a large allotment of calories for the end of the day. But then it happened....

We attended the baby's blessing ceremony at the beach. It started more than 1.5 hours late, because the godfather got lost en route. By the time we arrived at the house for the reception, I was famished and had mentally given myself permission to overindulge.

My overindulgence was mainly on "good" foods...four large bowls of salad greens without dressing, homemade lasagne with spinach and fruit. Oh, and I did have two glasses of red wine. And several thin slices of the vegan red velvet cake. But here's the shocker: I ended the day at 2825 calories and that's probably underestimating the lasagne calories!

My takeaway from this is that I am not to be trusted in party situations. I think I need to sneak my laptop computer with me when eating away from home and input my food as I consume it. Maybe that way I wouldn't lose complete control over the calorie count. I'm envisioning myself hiding in restrooms, inputting data! What a geek!

I know it's too soon to tell, but today seems better. In order to compensate for the last few days, I was hoping to consume fewer than 1300 calories today and for the next few days. I'm doing this by pretty much skipping breakfast and having a light lunch. This way I save most of my calories for the time when I want to eat a lot anyway.

It's now about an hour short of bedtime and my total is 1252. Yay! Now I just have to avoid the kitchen for an hour or so. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hey don't beat yourself up for the 'bad' days. I have them about once a week, and I'm still losing, although slowly. I have a CR blog as well if you want to check it out. It's at dawnscrblog.com (I think, lol). I think you're doing a great job and starting out nicely. How old are your boys? and how do you like homeschooling? I've often thought of doing that here w/ my two boys, ages 6 and 2 1/2. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://dawnscrblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete