Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Headaches, Headaches!

I've been trying to adhere to Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition (CRON or CR) for four months now with varying success. CRON refers to the system of eating for longevity made famous by Dr. Roy Walford and more recently re-introduced on 60 Minutes and Oprah. The goal is to achieve a longer and healthier life by eating fewer calories, but consuming adequate vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients.

Dr. Walford believed that excessive exercise was counter-productive to the goal of longevity. Nonetheless, I'm a bit of an exercise junkie, so I'm calling my particular flavor, Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition and Exercise (CRONEX).

As I've mentioned, I've been at it for four months and have already had some noticable improvement in my biomarkers (which I will doubtless discuss in a future post), but today I want to talk about headaches.

I have this problem that everytime I get a headache, I eat uncontrollably. There are other circumstances where I eat uncontrollably, too, but this one came up today...and so I proceeded to eat everything in sight! I did take a Tylenol, but it didn't help. Or maybe I just wanted the excuse to raid the pantry. In any case, I hope that I've learned my 4000 calorie lesson! Next time, take twice as much medication and STAY AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment